Standards regarding packaging material and marking requirements

Greetings. I have been searching for standards related to packaging materials and marking requirements. So far, I have discovered a standard titled “ENV 72 packaging material and marking requirements.” Could you tell me if there are any standards similar to this one? Thank you.

Please refer to ANSI/ESD S8.1-2021

ANSI/ESD S 541-2019 and IEC 61340-5-3-2022 are the two global standards applicable to ESD packaging materials in relevance to the two basic standards ANSI/ESD S 20.20.2021 and , IEC 61340-5-1-2016. While the IEC standards need to be purchased , ESD Association USA’s courtesy the complimentary pdf copies of the ANSI / ESD standards mentioned above are available on ESDA site at www.esda.org .

On marking requirements, as Mr.Tingjunyang has mentioned already please refer to ANSI/ESD S8.1-2021

1 Like

Understood. Thanks for your advice.

I want to start by saying thank you for your advice.

As you mentioned before, there are many standards for packaging and marking for Electrostatic. However, I wonder is there any standards are design for packaging and marking of a plastic-made medical device?
Again, I greatly appreciate for your assistance, and I’m looking forward for your help, thank you.

The FDA has adopted ANSI/ESD S20.20 as the standard for ESD control. With that ANSI/ESD S541 is the packaging standard referenced. The requirments for ESD packaging are there. If you have any specific questions, please state them in this topic.

Hope that helps.

1 Like