Service animals

Is there anything out there regarding “Service Animals” in a ESD controlled area?

Looking for suggestions…

There are no references to service animals in any ESD control program.

Is there any issues with a service animal? I suspect they do not come into contact with an ESD senstivie device. They should pose no problems from an ESD control program point of view.

Thanks John, its much appreciated

Duncan

This question although I'm certain not common, does fall in line with other questions that arise from time to time.  In the past, I have addressed wheelchairs, crutches, scooters and even prosthetic limbs.  Although all of these were users that were in fact handling product.  There was still the question of how to ensure safety and compliance to our standards and these would still apply to a service animal as well.  Although these things are not specifically called out within any documents I have found.  The basis for controls is present for us the ESD owners to determine a path forward.  The service animal is really a required insulator and thus a safe distance from product is likely the easiest solution.
 I just wanted to add some additional context to this item as its a topic I have not seen much discussion on.  But is definitely something that comes up from time to time.  The best we can do is use the guidelines provided to make the best educated decision we can.

Regards,
Chris