PCB mounting on EPP housing

I am a product designer working on clients project which gives me bit of concern.

I have two questions about the risk when a PCB is mounted straight to an EPP ,a polypropyleen foam, which is basically a duct for air. The PCB is not grounded and has only ground/zero to second side/zero of an isolated converter.
-Does one expect ESD conflicts while in use?
-Is it expected to run into ESD while placing the PCB?
If any of these might cause damage would there be like a simple solution to prevent ESD to happen?

Kindest regards,

Arjen

Hello Arjen, welcome to the forum.

This is a difficult question to answer but I can offer a few suggestions. First, measure the foam with a field meter and see if it is charged at all. If it is, the charge must be removed before the assembly is done. Typically this is done with an ionizer but it can be down with a topical spray also. Once mounted, check to see if the duct charges before it is plugged into the next level assembly. Again, if there is a charge, depending on what is measured, the charge may have to be removed.
Once plugged into a higher level assembly the risk of an ESD event is small. Normal airflow through the duct should not cause the duct to charge unless the environment had many particulates in it.

Please append here if you have any further questions.

Thanks for your input, we find it also difficult to address the “problems” to come to straightforward soutions. Many people many different viewpoints. Your answer is helpfull to extend discussion out of engineering quarter only.

Kind regards,
Arjen