Marking/symbols for packaging

Good day.

I have some doubt regarding to which kind of symbol must be placed at packaging materials. The material will be packed in the following way:
5 conductive trays inside a conductive box. Should the ESD Protective Symbol be in the trays and also in the box? Should The ESD Susceptibility Symbol be in the trays as a warning of ESDS? What would be the appropriate symbols on the packaging?

Thanks for your support.

There is no set standard on where and when to mark. In my opinion, I would consider what is the marking suppose to convey to the next process step, next customer or if the package is going to a distribution center. Once you understand where and what the marking is going to be used for, then determine the marking that makes sense.
ANSI/ESD S20.20 requires that marking is considered. It may be that marking is not done.

1 Like

Hello,

However as stated by ESDA experts (Mr. John K) ANSI/ESD S20.20.2021 requires that marking is considered.
You may please refer to the **clause 8.5 Marking **from ANSI/ESD S 20.20.2021 and the different symbols to be used per ANSI/ESD S8.1 which would perhaps get you a clear picture on what /when /where to use the recommended respective symbols.