ITAR products include in the scope of my certification

Good Mornings ESD Experts:
We are an EMS company soon with an ITAR product, can you help me to know what requirement I will need to meet to include it in the scope of our ANSI ESD20.20 2021 certification?

Best Regards
Porfirio

Porfirio,

I don’t know of any specific ANSI/ESD S20.20 requirements that need to be met specifically for an ITAR product.
The only part of ANSI/S20.20 that deals specifically with the US DoD is section 8.4.1 which states “Department of Defense (DoD) organizations or those performing work under DoD contracts shall comply with MIL-STD-2073-1 for packaging requirements unless other contractual requirements apply or are exempt from this requirement based upon application-specific requirements.”

1 Like

As Andy has stated, there are no additional requirements for ITAR products. In fact, the Department of Defense has adopted ANSI/ESD S20.20 as the standard for an ESD control process and has canceled Mil-STD-1686.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your quickly response. is there any checklist to make internal assessment of the requirements on the MIL-STD 2073-1?

Bes Regards
Porfirio

There is no checklist for MIL-STD 2073-1 but the standard can be downloaded from the Assist database. Use this link to access, https://quicksearch.dla.mil/qsSearch.aspx

This is a detailed standard with many requirements.

1 Like

One last comment… Even though the MIL-STD has been replaced with S20.20, you still must insure what your customer calls out for their product. We have many ITAR products and some only define the MIL-STD as their documentation was never updated to reflect the change to S20.20.

Regards

2 Likes

Thank you so much for share the link. I really appreciate the access to the requirements of the standard.