ESD Monitor for Hearing Impaired

Is there any ESD monitoring system out there for the Hearing Impaired?

Hello Duncan,

Not sure what you mean but most testing or constant monitoring have visual and audio indications. What are you looking for?

You are correct with the ESD monitors, we are looking for a better monitor or accessory that connects to the ESD monitor with a more aggressive lighting or vibration capability.

The Tech relies on the audio 90% of the time due to the ESD monitor placed top corner of the bench.

Management is concerned the hearing impaired Tech wouldn’t see the visual indicator when working a board.

I have not heard of any accessories like that. How about mounting the monitor in a place where it is more visible? The issue would be if the cord would be in the way.
I would check with the manufacturer to see if they have any solutions.

Try reaching out to the manufacturers for future implementation. I know SCS by DESCO has an SMP software that pairs to their specialized monitors which may be integrated to a computer. This may not be exactly what you are looking for but it may be a step in the right direction. Depending on where you work and the resources you have available, you may be able to take this data and implement a solution.

Another recommendation is placing an interlock that prevents seated operations while not plugged in and use ESD flooring/footwear for standing operations. Basically layering the opportunity for a non-compliance scenario.