Dissipative floor wax

I need information on the use of ESD dissipative floor wax on non-ESD tile.
S20.20 says ESD floor needs to pass point to point and point to ground resistance test. I cannot find anything from the wax manufactures whether it needs to be grounded, or how to ground the wax.

Usually a ground connection with a wax is difficult. If there is a steel beam or column the wax can be applied to it. Sometimes copper tape will work with the tape waxed and then connected to ground at an electical outlet. If these do not work, do the body voltage test and see what the results are. If they are good, you could write a tailoring statement that the wax keeps a person under 100 volts but it cannot be measured with a resistance to ground.
If you use this method, there would need to be a compliance verification plan to go along with that. I would suggest that a peridic body voltage test be done to replace the resistance to ground compliance verification in ANSI/ESD S20.20. That would need to be part of the tailoring statement.

Tagging onto what John stated, the copper tape applied from a ground to the floor then having the wax applied over can work. Some additional considerations should also be:

• Perform your verifications in your heaviest traffic areas.
  • Make sure to follow the wax manufacturer’s recommendations for cleaning the flooring as there are a lot of different cleaning items that will degrade the wax very quickly.
  • Complete your flooring verifications on a more frequent basis until you get a good idea of how the wax wears/degrades. You dont want to go 6 months between checks only to find out the wax stopped functioning as needed a some point during that time.