Could you suggest the suitable size or specification for the grounding lugs that should be used?What would be the appropriate gauge or size of the grounding cable to ensure effective ESD grounding? I agreed that lug usage depends to size of grounding wire

Could you suggest the suitable size or specification for the grounding lugs that should be used? What would be the appropriate gauge or size of the grounding cable to ensure effective ESD grounding? I agreed that lug usage depends to size of grounding wire

I don’t know of any guidance on the gage of wire or terminal size but I think a ground cord with 20 gage wire and a number 10 ring terminal should be sufficient. That is what I see many of the ground cords have.

Thanks a lot Sir for your valuable response.

Currently we are using 2.5sqmm wire for grounding and accordingly using lugs.

As Mr. Andy has mentioned earlier, perhaps there is no specific guidelines on this except that the resistance required to be maintained shall be per table 1 of ANSI/ESD S20.20. / IEC 61340-5-1 .
I feel what you are using should be okay and fine . In most of the cases either it would be around 3 mm wire or 2 mm x 12 mm strip being used as a bus all along the periphery of the floor to connect the copper foil grid below the floor . It all depends on your budget and aesthetics. As along as the required resistance per table 1 of ANSI/ESD S20.20. / IEC 61340-5-1 are adhered to, it should be okay

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your confirmation and guidance.