Conductive floor mats

Can you tell me the proper way to test a conductive floor mat restistance to groundable point? Nowhere in the standards is there any describtion showing the test method. I checked ANSI/ESD S20.20, TR53, and ANSI/ESD-STM 7.1.

Requirement per ANSI/ESD-STM 7.1-2020, 3.0 Definitions:
conductive flooring system - a flooring system that has a resistance to groundable point of less than 1.0 x 106 ohms.

CGlomski,

If this is for product qualification then you should follow ANSI/ESD STM7.1, section 6.1.6 and figure 1. It says to place a sample specimen on an insulative support material and then take 6 measurements to each of two groundable points. In the case of a conductive mat you would use the conductive mat material as the sample specimen with two groundable points

If this is for compliance verification then you should follow ESD TR53, section 7.2.3.2 and figure 13. It says to measure the resistance between the flooring and ESD grounding/bonding reference point. In the case of a conductive mat you would measure the resistance from the conductive mat to the ESD grounding/bonding reference point.

Thank you so much for your reply. I did not review TR53 prior to my post. I was only using ANSI/ESD S20.20.