Becoming certified for in-house ESD trainings

I would like to give in-house trainings according to the EN61340 5-1. Which course will I need to follow to become certified so I can give out these trainings where participants can get a certificate?

Vincent,
I do not have access to the full specification you mentioned. But reading the abstract on the document it appears to be a similar standard to ESDA’s S20.20-2021. The key word here is similar. As this is a completely different specification from a different organization there would be no ESDA training which would certify you to another parties specification. You will likely need to work through the International Electrotechnical Commission (EIC) to obtain certification to their document or what providers are certified to train to it.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Vincent,

The ESD Association does not have a way to certify people on training to IEC 61340-5-1 or ANSI/ESD S20.20. The Association does provide training to people on ANSI/ESD S20.20 and we do cover IEC 61340-5-1. In fact, IEC 61340-5-1 and ANSI/ESD S20.20 are technically equivalent. Yes there are slight differences but it is due to some world wide requirements where as ANSI/ESD S20.20 is a North American standard. As far as I know, the IEC does not have any training on 61340-5-1.
You could take the training but at this time there is not a certified trainer program.

And for you information, IEC 61340-5-1 is going through and update to align it with ANSI/ESD S20.20s latest update.

Chris, the IEC document is written by the same people (a subset) as ANSI/ESD S20.20. We work very hard to ensure the documents remain technically equivalent. There is also an equivalent document to TR53, IEC 61340-5-4.

ESD Control processes that can claim compliance to the ANSI/ESD S20.20 spec can usually claim compliance to IEC 61340-5-1 and if they claim compliance to IEC 61340-5-1 then most likely they are compliance to ANSI/ESD S20.20

John

Thanks John, that is excellent information to have in the event of getting a similar question from a customer some day.

Thanks again,
Chris